What are the requirements for an excellent coworking space?
Not sure how to find the best coworking space when you’re new to the city? It’s a tough question and one we’ve thought about a lot here at the Surf Office.
With a fully remote team, we spend time working from coworking spaces quite a bit, and over the years we’ve learned a thing or two that has helped us find suitable workplaces not just for ourselves but for our clients as well.
Read on for a few tricks and lessons we’ve learned along the way.
Coworking space must-haves:
- Natural light – Big windows and plenty of natural light are mood boosters and make things easier on your eyes.
- Desks and comfortable chairs
- Stable internet – There’s nothing more annoying than lagging or flaky WiFi
- Plenty of power outlets to charge devices
- A good team in charge of the workspace – When everything is going smoothly, you don’t need anyone, but if an issue immerges it’s nice to know there are staff there to count on for help.
- Water, tea, and coffee – The basic beverages should be available so that you don’t have to leave the workplace during the day.
- Quiet space – At least part of the coworking needs to be quiet for concentration or for taking phone calls.
- Great location – It doesn’t have to be central — a great location can be also at the district you live in, something easily accessible by foot or public transport, or with a few good restaurants nearby.
Nice to Haves:
- Meeting rooms
- Beer on tap
- Meal service or snacks
- Lockers and storage
- Trendy interior design
- Parking options
- After-hours access
- Sleeping nets
Best coworking spaces in Europe
Are you in search of a good coworking space in a European city? Maybe you’re planning a workshop or retreat for your team? Check out the pros and cons of workspaces in some of our favorite European cities and minimize the chance of a wrong decision.
Best coworking spaces in the USA
Are you meeting your distributed team in an American city? Planning to stay for a few days and work as a freelancer? Read about the spaces we reviewed below to help make your decision.
Would you like to book a coworking space for your team?
Surf Office saves time and minimizes the chance of a wrong decision by going through a number of coworking options to find the best fit for your team.