How many people can you host?
We’ve hosted dozens of teams with everything from 5 to 100 people. The usual size of most retreats is around 10 people.
Why should we use Surf Office instead of Airbnb?
Airbnb works fine for smaller groups (up to 10 people). The main difference between Airbnb and Surf Office is that we create a personalised authentic experience, you have a professional workspace for you and assurance of good internet.
Airbnb would probably be cheaper if you don’t consider the time of some team members involved into organisation. Also, be careful with the Airbnb cancellation policy which can ruin your trip and make it more expensive that you planned.
Grrrr. Got a notification that the Airbnb I booked for the end of the month had to cancel. Great now I have to go looking again! #unhappy— Gabriel Urioste (@Alan_Scott1990) September 1, 2017
Why should we use Surf Office instead of hotel?
Hotels are not very authentic, many times sterile and you can’t cook a dinner with your colleagues. However, we work with hotels for larger group (more than 30 people) because of the simplicity of organisation.
Can you help us with flights?
Based on where your team is located, we can definitely advise you the most optimal Surf Office location for your next team meetup. However, we don’t book the flights for clients but we can recommend some good services.
What will happen after I make an inquiry?
The more detail you use to describe your ideal retreat, the better a proposal we can offer you. A short call (usually about 5 minutes) really helps us to understand your expectations.
Once you decide to go with the proposal and the payment is made, the planning starts. We know that the organisation of the retreat is not your fulltime job and we constantly optimise the whole process to minimise your time involvement.
What is the best time of the year to organise a retreat?
- The best time is when you have a feeling your team needs a retreat
- The most popular periods are spring and autumn
- There is no month when we didn’t organise a retreat
- The most popular winter locations are Gran Canaria and Madeira
- The rest of the locations are popular all year round
What does the housing look like?
Based on your budget, we usually have an ensuite and shared accommodation option in each location. We always try to accommodate all your group in one house.
What should I bring?
- Communal supplies such as laundry detergent, hair dryers, toilet paper, kitchen towels and cleaning products are ready for your use
- Every room comes with a set of bedding and towels
- Since the purpose of your stay is business, be sure to bring your computer and the necessary electricity converters
- If you forget to take these with you, we can help you locate a local electronics store to get you started
Do you offer discounts?
Yes, currently we offer discounts for all companies who are participating or participated in startup programs such as 500 Startups, YCombinator, TechStars, Seedcamp, HackFwd, Springboard, Startup Bootcamp & Startup Chile. Ping us via email@example.com.
More questions? Don’t hesitate to ask.