How is Surf Office different?
Why work with us?
How can we deliver the best experience at a lower price point than other event agencies?
Put simply, it’s because we’re not an agency.
Surf Office is a well-rounded solution/platform bringing together verified partners and matching them with our client’s needs to create the best retreats in both quality and value.
What does this mean?
1. Access to a network of trusted providers
Instead of scouting for and tailoring each request, we have a network of trusted providers we work with consistently during the retreat planning process. These providers have been tested either by ourselves or come as verified recommendations from our local partners/experts.
From sailing to surfing, group dinners to cooking classes, we’ve got you covered. Simply select your desired activity from our list of profiled vendors and we’ll secure a booking on your behalf.
2. Utilizing technology
Instead of endless confusing emails back and forth and dozens of phone calls, we utilize technology to keep you informed on the status of your retreat every step of the way. It’s as easy as simply checking your dashboard and verifying the status of your request or filling out a booking form to secure an activity for your team.
No more scrolling through email threads trying to find information when you need it. Instead, you have everything at your fingertips. Plus, you can easily share your dashboard with teammates to ensure everyone is on the same page.
3. Local know-how
We’ve organized dozens of retreats in each of the locations we offer. We work with local experts who have tried and tested all of the activities, restaurants, sightseeing recommendations and unique experiences, so you can feel confident that our offerings come well recommended.
4. Extensive experience/best practices
With hundreds of retreats under our belt, we’ve learned quite a few lessons which we’re happy to share. Booking with Surf Office means gaining access to our know-how and peace of mind that we only provide services we know work.
5. Peace of mind
Even with perfect planning and setup, extenuating circumstances can happen. We’re here to handle even the most challenging of situations that might arise during your retreat, alongside the support of our extended network of local partners. This means you’ll never be left without a roof over your head or a space to work from.
6. Optimization of processes/experience
When we say that in an ideal retreat planning situation we don’t ever want to hear from you, it’s not because we don’t like you. Heck, we love a good chat just like the next person.
But we want to save your time, because why should you spend time on calls with us stressing over details or writing endless emails when you can use that time to plan your most productive team agenda or simply carry on with your day job?
That’s why we keep you up-to-date on everything through your personalized dashboard, so you always have all the information you need organized and right at your fingertips.
What is included in our retreat planning services?
- Access to a dedicated retreat planner who works behind-the-scenes to book extra add-ons (i.e. airport transfers, team building activities and restaurants)
- Simplified communication & invoicing between you and local vendors
- A dedicated online dashboard with all the info for your retreat, easily accessible by all retreat participants
- Local suggestions & tips for sightseeing/food/drinks
- Automated onboarding emails to guide you through the retreat planning process
- Online support during your retreat in case of unexpected challenges
- As well, we are able to include custom services if/when required.
If you feel like the above still doesn’t satisfy your needs, you can always book our premium retreat planning service. Here are some examples of what these include that are not part of our standard retreat planning process:
- Scouting and designing custom-experiences/team activities – if you want to venture beyond the standard offer our team can help design tailored experiences for you & your group
- Concierge service – handling stuff like delivering packages to the retreat location and helping out with any special workspace set-up for your workshops/events
- Booking additional services like flights, individual transfers, and extra nights for participants (outside of the duration of the retreat), etc.
- Help with designing/arranging customized swag for your team
- Phone support – on-demand direct phone support with your dedicated retreat planner throughout the planning process
- On-site support – have access to our dedicated retreat planner on-site for the entire duration of your retreat